Dominican Republic honeymoons
- Dominican Republic with more then 1000 miles of sugar coloured sand is the ultimate Honeymoon Destinations. The white sandy beaches on the eastern side of the Island are with out a doubt among the world’s best beaches. Whether it’s the East or West coast Dominican Republic offers tranquillity peacefulness while surrounded by fine white sand and swaying coconut palms. For an unforgettable romantic honeymoon with excitement & adventure this island is the place to go!
- The warm all-year sunshine enhances the stunning scenery and with palm-fringed white-sand beaches, 35 world class golf courses, a full choice of water-sports, rainforests, spectacular waterfalls, deserts and the highest mountains in the Caribbean it is easy to see why this island paradise has been called the Caribbean Garden of Eden! The capital, Santo Domingo, is located in the south and there are various tourist resorts dotted along the east coast such as Punta Cana and Bavaro
- Things never get to frantic here unless you fancy a swim with the dolphins or an evening stroll in the countryside which spreads out behind the hotels and beaches. Dominican Republic is a happy place with some of the most-friendly locals in the world who will always say hello!
You will not fail to be captivated by this gorgeous Caribbean island paradise!
- Capital: Santo Domingo
- Flight Time: 8 hrs
- Time Difference: GMT - 5 hours
- Language: Spanish. English is spoken in all tourist areas.
- Currency: Dominican Pesos
- Visas: On arrival visitors must purchase a tourist card (approx. $10).
Hotels at this destination
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Located on the south east coast in the La Romana area of “Bayahibe”, 20 min from the La Romana airport, 75 min from the Punta Cana airport and 90 min from Santo Domingo Airport.
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Located along one of the finest oceanfronts, facing a pristine beach and blue waters stretching to the horizon, lies Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa. Transfer time to the airport is 60 mins.
Breezes Puerto Plata
Located on the north coast this superb beachfront resort is set amidst a lush landscape and only 45 mins from Puerto Plata airport.
Occidental Grande Flamenco Punta Cana
Located on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic,it sits on the silky sands of Bavaro Beach, shaded by coconut palms. The hotel is 30minutes from the airport and minutes from Bavaro.
Occidental Allegra Playa Dorada
Located over the magnificent beach of Playa Dorada and beside the 18 hole Robert Trent Jones golf course. The resort is only 15 min from the airport, and 10 min to downtown Puerto Plata.