- Located in the middle of the Leeward Islands, in the eastern Caribbean is a treasure trove of 365 pristine secret coves and palm-fringed bays with a claim of a “beach for every day of the year”. As a destination, Antigua honeymoons are hard to beat and if your main priority is idyllic Caribbean soft sandy beaches and pure relaxation then Antigua’s captivating character of unpretentious charm is just what you’re looking for. The island is a must-see destination for scuba divers and snorkellers, who come from around the globe to explore the breathtaking nearly unbroken wall of coral reef that surrounds the island.
- Once known as the "gateway to the Caribbean" because of its location and natural harbours, Antigua is dotted with reminders of its nautical past from Nelson's Dockyard. Jolly Harbour, on the south west coast, has developed into a major marina, shopping centre, villa village, sports centre and golf club.More than 100 picturesque stone windmills, now housing bars, shops, restaurants, and homes all serve to make Antigua unique to the Caribbean.
- There is a superb range of Antigua hotels from world-famous luxury resorts to homely little establishments where the proprietor knows everyone by name and the “famous” stay incognito! Why not combine Antigua with one or more contrasting islands for a twin or triple-centre honeymoon? Islands such as St. Lucia, Barbados, the Virgin Islands or Anguilla are easily reached by air.
Experience Antigua, a little taste of Paradise!
- Capital: St. Johns
- Flight Time: 8 ½ hrs
- Time Difference: GMT – 4 hours
- Language: English
- Currency: Eastern Caribbean dollars
- Visas: No visas required for Irish passport holders
Hotels at this destination
Hermitage Bay is situated on the west coast of Antigua, just a 35 minute drive from the airport. The capital, St John's, is 30 minutes away by car and jolly harbour is just 10 mins away.
Set in 40 acres along a magnificent beach behind Hawksbill and Deep Bay and three miles from the capital St. John’s. Transfer time from the airport is 25 mins.
Inn At English Harbour
The property is located on the south coast of Antigua and only 2 mins from the historic English Harbour and Nelsons Dockyard. The hotel is approximately 18 km from the capital St. John's.
Cocos is located 20 minutes from the airport on the sunset side of Antigua, looking out onto the Caribbean Sea. The capital St. John’s is only a 20 min drive from the resort.
On a bluff on the northeast coast of Antigua, fringed by a white sand beach and next to a national park with nature trails. The capital St. John’s is a 30min drive and the airport is 20mins.