- Beautiful Barbados is the jewel in the Caribbean crown. This small but most perfectly formed gem offers crystal waters, palm trees, the beaches of the west coast lapped by the warm waves of the Caribbean and a variety of good quality restaurants and nightlife particularly in the south of the island. The west coast is home to some of the most sophisticated hotels and resorts, including excellent golf courses and many signature restaurants. Barbados is the most easterly of the Caribbean islands and measures 21 miles by 14 miles.
- Barbados honeymoons are a favourite with Irish travellers and for good reason! The island has a wonderful climate, white sand beaches, foaming surf particularly along the south coast and offers some of the most sophisticated hotels in the Caribbean. While in Barbados we recommend you take a guided tour whether by jeep or bus where you will learn about the history of the island and witness the spectacular east coast.
- No Barbados honeymoons are complete without a catamaran trip where you get the opportunity to swim with the turtles. Finally make sure you take in one of the many exciting dinner shows. Barbados is superbly placed for a two or three centre tailor-made honeymoon. Islands such as St. Lucia, Tobago and Antigua are easily accessible by air.
Barbados is the Jewel in the Caribbean Crown!
- Capital: Bridgetown
- Flight Time: 8 ½ hrs
- Time Difference: GMT - 4 hours
- Language: English
- Currency: Barbados dollar
- Visas: No visas required for Irish passport holders
Hotels at this destination
Located in St. James on the west coast of Barbados. The property is 20 mins from the Bridgetown. Transfer time from the airport 45 minutes.
The Crane Resort and Residances
The Crane is located approximately six minutes drive east of the airport, on the south eastern coast of Barbados. The Crane, also enjoys easy access to the rest of the island.
The Colony Club
Located eight miles north of Bridgetown in St. James on the West coast of Barbados. The transfer time from the airport is 50 mins.
Located on a prime beach position in St. James on the west coast of Barbados. The property is 20 mins from the capital Bridgetown. Transfer time from the airport is 45 mins.
Located on the West Coast in Holetown. 15 mins to Bridgetown. Transfer time to the airport is 40 mins.