- Tobago is a quintessential Caribbean island with secluded white beaches and coral reefs, quaint villages and home to the oldest protected rainforest in the Western Hemisphere. In Tobago, you are never far from the beach. Choose your Tobago beach destination according to your holiday mode. Fans of the active, social lifestyle will gravitate towards beaches with water-sports facilities, restaurants or bars while others may choose a solitary pelican for company! Two beaches we recommend are Store Bay - this is the heartbeat of Crown Point and one of the most popular beaches in Tobago. Glass-bottomed boats leave daily for trips to Buccoo Reef and the Nylon Pool. The area is alive with bars, craft stalls, and the famous crab ’n’ dumpling vendors. A visit to Turtle Beach is also a must! As its name suggests, this long, sandy stretch is a retreat for leatherback turtles during the nesting season (March to August).
- Avid birdwatchers from all over the world choose Tobago when it comes to fining over 210 of their feathered friends! Interesting fact, the hummingbird population out numbers its human one on the island! Speyside is Tobago’s dive capital but there is also excellent diving at various sites around the island and with over 300 species of turtles, sharks, manta rays and tarpon this island is a diver’s delight!
- Part of Tobago's charm is the unhurried pace of life. You can bask in the sunshine on a deserted beach or make your way through the small hilly town of Scarborough - Tobago's capital. Tranquil days turn into balmy nights with spectacular displays from the sun as it sets.
Tobago is the ideal location for weddings and honeymoons, family holidays, scuba diving, eco-adventures as well as unadulterated fun in the sun!
- Capital: Scarborough
- Flight Time: 9 hrs
- Time Difference: GMT – 4 hours
- Language: English
- Currency: Trinidad & Tobago dollar
- Visas: No visas required for Irish passport holders
Hotels at this destination
Coco Reef Resort & Spa
Located on the beautiful south western coast of Tobago in the town of Crown Point. It is a 5min drive to the capital - Scarborough and a 5min transfer to Crown Point International Airport.
VHL Tobago Golf & Spa Resort
Located on Little Rockley Beach on Tobago’s Atlantic coast. The capital Scarborough is only 5 mins drive and the transfer time from the airport is 15 mins.
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort is located in Stone Haven Bay, on Tobago’s south western Caribbean coast, and just a short 15min drive from the airport and 20 mins from the capital, Scarborough.
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort is located in Stonehaven Bay on the south western side of Tobago, 20 mins from the capital of Scarborough. Transfer time from the airport is 15 mins.