- Grenada is a rolling, mountainous island, covered with fragrant spice trees and rare tropical flowers. Bordered by stunning beaches, and dotted with picturesque towns, this verdant island has long been a major source of nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and cocoa. The seductive drifts through the colourful Saturday markets and Grenada's dense forests. In the interior of this volcanic island are cascading rivers and waterfalls, lush rainforests, and one of the most breathtakingly beautiful mountain lakes imaginable.
- The capital St. George’s with it’s red-tiled roofs of traditional shops and homes is widely held as the most beautiful city in the Caribbean and boasts the most stunning harbour with historic forts guarding the city. Grenada also boasts the largest shipwreck in the Caribbean and with over 50 dive sites; the island is fast becoming one of the most sought after destinations for divers.
- Located on the western side of the island Grand Anse Beach is the island’s most famous. With 2 miles of white sand in a sheltered bay it is a firm favourite with visitors and locals alike. Grand Anse Beach has a lot to offer, from water-sports and scuba diving shops, to the vendors market and several good restaurants. So, if you are looking for a beach with attractions, then this is the one for you.
Grenada has a very relaxed feel about it making it the ideal getaway for those wanting a quieter laid-back holiday.
- Capital: St. George’s
- Flight Time: 10 hrs
- Time Difference: GMT – 4 hours
- Language: English
- Currency: Eastern Caribbean dollar
- Visas: No visas required for Irish passport holders
Hotels at this destination
Bel Air Plantation Villa Resort
Located on the southeast side of Grenada overlooking St. David’s Harbour. La Sagesse beach is only a 15-min walk. Transfer time to the airport is 25 mins.
Spice Island Beach Resort
Located on 1,600 acres on the beautiful Grand Anse Beach. Transfer time from the airport is 10 mins. The capital St. George’s is only a short distance away.
Blue Horizons Garden Resort
Situated on the south west coast of Grenada, The hotel is 300 yards from Grand Anse Beach and 4 miles from the capital St. George’s and the international airport.
Located a mere 5 minutes from the airport on Pink Gin beach and only 5 minutes from the capital St. George's. Transfer time from the airport is 15 mins.